If you took a look at my Monday Matters post, you know I am super excited about my meal prep recipes from last night. The first I wanted to share with you was originally found on Pinterest (shocker!) but the link to the recipe itself can be found here. However, mine was altered a little to make it fit my nutritional focuses, make it work best for you.
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Can of green beans
- 2 Red potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut your chicken in half and place it in the middle of a 13×9 dish
- Drain and rinse your green beans and place them on one side of the chicken
- Cut the potatoes in chunks and place them on the opposite side of the chicken
- Sprinkle your Italian seasoning over the entire dish (I only used 1/2 packet)
- Pour your olive oil over the dish evenly
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour
Be careful removing the foil once you’ve pulled it out of the oven, there will be lots of steam. The chicken is so tender, you won’t even need a knife to cut it. I used two forks to shred it and portion it for the next couple of days. I was able to portion out 6 servings.
I didn’t take photos along the process but the next time we make this dish (because we definitely will!), I will so I can update the post with some visuals.
Hope you enjoy!
Get ready to please the bellies of your family! This recipe is a must for every busy mom or every family, period. Simple, easy, and for the most part effortless. I whipped it up during my lunch today for the first time and it was a major hit tonight, will become a regular meal in our home. However, next time I will double the amount of sauce I use. Below are the steps in pictures minus browning the meat, forgot to snap that one, oops! Then, following the pictures are the directions with a picture of the final result on the bottom. Please pin this and/or share it with your friends, you can thank me later. Gather your ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- Lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- Pasta sauce (used 24 oz. but will double next time)
- Mozzarella shredded cheese
- 16 ounces of ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Brown your meat.
- Mix your meat and pasta sauce together in one bowl.
- Mix your ricotta cheese, a few pinches of Italian seasoning, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese into another bowl.
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray.
- Pour about 1/3 of your meat sauce mixture in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Take your uncooked lasagna noodles and break them in half. Lay them in a layer on top of the meat sauce. My crockpot only held four halves but you can add or subtract as needed.
- Take half of your ricotta cheese mixture and spread it evenly across the lasagna noodles.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over your ricotta cheese mixture.
- Pour another 1/3 of your meat sauce mixture evenly as the start of your next layer.
- Add another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Spread out the remaining amount of ricotta cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Sprinkle a tad more mozzarella cheese.
- Place another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Pour the remaining meat sauce over the top making sure to cover the lasagna noodles.
- Set your crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.
- Right before serving I added a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese over the top and covered it long enough for it to melt slightly.
Seems like a lot but it just seems that way because it’s repetitive layers. I absolutely loved it and like I said earlier, only thing I’d change next time is using more sauce. The noodles weren’t soggy, they were just right. Who knew you could make baked lasagna without cooking the noodles first?! I can’t rave about it enough. Now, what you’re waiting for.. the final image.
Serve it up with some salad and garlic bread and there ya have it folks, a fool proof way to make homemade baked lasagna.. in the crockpot!
Bon Appetite, xo!