Did you know that February only has 29 days every four years? That’s pretty awesome. I’m treating today as a gift, it’s an extra day to do something extra special. I decided to do a little reading about leap year and here are some interesting facts I found out.
- Leap years happen in order to keep our clocks and calendars in sync with the Earth and it’s seasons.
- The summer Olympics are always held in a leap year.
- A popular tradition during leap years is for a woman to propose.
- The odds of having a birthday on leap day are one in 1,461.
- In Scotland, a leap year is thought to be bad for livestock.
- U.S. presidential elections are held every four years, in a leap year.
Pretty neat, huh? All information was found here and if you haven’t already, check out today’s Google doodle.
Make today count, when it comes again you’ll be another 4 years older. 🙂
Some woke up this morning in a great mood and well, others didn’t. Regardless of how you hoped the big game turned out, we have 6 more weeks of winter according to the ole groundhog. If that’s the case, I at least hope for a really good snow! We have yet to see anything but a few sleet pellets that didn’t amount to anything. I’d like to sled a few times before spring arrives.
For those of you who use Instagram, I created a photo-a-day challenge that begins today (meant to post yesterday). So today if you participate, you’ll post for days 1 & 2. This is my first time creating my own and I am really looking forward to it! If you participate please use hashtag #febpadchallenge and by doing so, others can view the photos posted during the challenge. Depending on how it does, I might even turn it into something done monthly and maybe even include giveaways!
Here it is if you’d like to participate, hope you do!
Make the start of February, a great one!