Did you know that February only has 29 days every four years? That’s pretty awesome. I’m treating today as a gift, it’s an extra day to do something extra special. I decided to do a little reading about leap year and here are some interesting facts I found out.
- Leap years happen in order to keep our clocks and calendars in sync with the Earth and it’s seasons.
- The summer Olympics are always held in a leap year.
- A popular tradition during leap years is for a woman to propose.
- The odds of having a birthday on leap day are one in 1,461.
- In Scotland, a leap year is thought to be bad for livestock.
- U.S. presidential elections are held every four years, in a leap year.
Pretty neat, huh? All information was found here and if you haven’t already, check out today’s Google doodle.
Make today count, when it comes again you’ll be another 4 years older. 🙂