If you took a look at my Monday Matters post, you know I am super excited about my meal prep recipes from last night. The first I wanted to share with you was originally found on Pinterest (shocker!) but the link to the recipe itself can be found here. However, mine was altered a little to make it fit my nutritional focuses, make it work best for you.
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Can of green beans
- 2 Red potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut your chicken in half and place it in the middle of a 13×9 dish
- Drain and rinse your green beans and place them on one side of the chicken
- Cut the potatoes in chunks and place them on the opposite side of the chicken
- Sprinkle your Italian seasoning over the entire dish (I only used 1/2 packet)
- Pour your olive oil over the dish evenly
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour
Be careful removing the foil once you’ve pulled it out of the oven, there will be lots of steam. The chicken is so tender, you won’t even need a knife to cut it. I used two forks to shred it and portion it for the next couple of days. I was able to portion out 6 servings.
I didn’t take photos along the process but the next time we make this dish (because we definitely will!), I will so I can update the post with some visuals.
Hope you enjoy!